Thursday, January 24, 2008

Lupe Fiasco - THE COOL

THE COOL is one of the best albums I have heard in a long time. From beginning to end Lupe brings great pride and entertainment to the fans of Hip hop. While most of the mainstream rappers achieve success by disrespecting women or glorifying materialistic things. Lupe reminds me of Nas in a lot of ways for his clever and deep lyrics. The song "Intruder Alert" deals with real life issues such as rape and drugs. However Lupe is best known for creating characters in his albums and through a selection of songs you see the development of the character, the climax of the character and the death of that very character. His album is not just a group of unrelated songs they all are related in a way, such as chapters in a book. I reccomend to my readers if you have not heard of Lupe that you go out and buy one of his albums, Food and Liquor or The Cool, and trust me you will be blown away.

No comments: